Microblading Initial Appointment: $700
a deposit of 1/2 down is required to schedule
Touch up in 6 Weeks: no charge (included in the initial appointment)
2 YEAR TOUCH UP: $200 TOUCH UP OVER 2 YEARS: $400
Microshading: $100 add on to microblading
Okoboji Skin Care's microblading training was completed at the prestigious MICROBLADING LA Academy under the supervision of Lindsay Ta, world microblading champion in 2016 and owner of MICROBLADING LA where she offers academy training as well as microblading services year round.
What is Microblading?
Microblading eyebrows is a form of permanent makeup that creates natural, beautiful eyebrows with a handheld microblade. It’s perfect for people who have overplucked or those who want to define, darken or reshape their eyebrows.
Microblading originated in Asia over 20 years ago and has gone by many names: eyebrow embroidery, feather touch, microstroking and even “the Japanese Method." By 2015, microblading became popular in the United States.
Technically, microblading is a form of eyebrow tattooing. But unlike traditional tattooing, which uses a machine, microblading artists apply each hairstroke with a handheld microblade. This produces a very fine line that resembles real hair. Each individual hairstroke is hand drawn by the artist and blended in with the client’s existing eyebrow hair. With a strong artist at the helm, the results can be gorgeous and very lifelike.
There are many techniques and approaches to microblading. There are 1D Eyebrows, where the hairstrokes all go in one direction. There are 3D Eyebrows, where the hairstrokes are laid out in a specific pattern across the eyebrow ridges, creating a 3D effect.
Microblading typically takes two appointments to complete. In the first appointment, the client is profiled and the eyebrows are drawn on with a waterproof pencil, so the artist and client can agree on the look. The artist then microblades the eyebrows and the client is ready to go back into the world. There is some mild scabbing and aftercare required, but your microblading should be completely healed in 30 days.
The second appointment is a touch up at least 30 days after the first session. This allows enough time for the ink in the epidermis to naturally slough off, and the color to settle into your skin. In the touch up appointment, the artist can see how your skin has received the ink and make any necessary corrections.
Sometimes a client’s skin undertones may have unexpected effects on the ink's color, and the artist may need to add color to adjust. These kind of corrections are normal with any microblading artist and an essential part of the process, as everyone’s skin is different and receives ink differently.
Who Should Avoid Microblading?
While microblading is great for most people, there are some people who are ineligible for microblading:
- Those prone to keloids or post-inflammatory hypopigmentation. Unfortunately, since microblading punctures the skin as we add ink, we cannot work with clients with these conditions.
- If you have a transmittable blood disease such as HIV or Hepatitis. Again, microblading artists cut the skin so it is our policy not to work with these conditions.
- If you’ve had Juvederm or other fillers in that area. Depending on the timing, we recommend to get microblading first! Otherwise, check with your doctor. Many artists may request a note from your doctor first.
- Patients undergoing chemotherapy. Although microblading is great for restoring eyebrows, we would require a doctor’s note in order to perform the procedure for anyone undergoing chemotherapy.
- If you have any kind of skin condition on or near your eyebrows. This includes eczema, shingles, rashes, or anything else near eyebrows.
- Children. Microblading is for adults only! We do not recommend microblading for anyone under the age of 18. It is our policy at Okoboji Skin Care not to work with children, even with a consent form.
The following restrictions are to ensure your skin is in the best possible condition for an amazing microblading procedure. Please read carefully:
Please do not work out the day of the procedure as the body heat will expands the pores.
Avoid heavy sunlight and especially sunburn 3 days before procedure. Skin should not be in process of healing before procedure!
Do NOT drink coffee or anything with caffeine the day of procedure.
Do NOT take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen, omega-3, unless medically necessary, 48-72 hours prior to the procedure. (Tylenol or acetaminophen is okay!)
Do NOT drink alcohol 24 hours before the procedure.
The following treatments should avoided within four weeks of the procedure:
- Botox or other fillers
- Chemical Peels
- Laser treatments
If you have any questions about these restrictions, please give us a call! We're happy to help.
Is Microblading Painful?
Many people ask us: is microblading painful?
Most of our clients report little or no pain. Since the procedure takes a couple hours, some clients have literally slept through it! We leave a topical anesthetic on the eyebrow area for 20 minutes before we begin the process, so this leaves most clients numb during the procedure. However, if your artist begins within that 20 minutes, or if you find that you’re very sensitive, you may report mild discomfort.
What to Expect During and After Your Microblading Session
Entire healing process will take from 4-6 weeks depending on your body regeneration and age. Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle.
The pigment will appear very natural looking immediately after the procedure. The color of the pigment will appear much darker the next day.
Note that because of natural skin regeneration, after recovery period (peeling), brows might appear lighter than original. This might give you the impression that color is fading too quickly. Often even with proper care, customer develop bald spots or lose original hair stroke which make brows look uneven. It is absolutely normal. That’s is the reason why most customers need a touchup after 6 weeks.
Once the healing of the skin starts taking place, it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. However, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows. The final look of your eyebrows will be apparent approximately 30 days after your procedure.
Never rub the treated area as it will disturb the skin from natural healing.
Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 up to SPF 50 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly. When using foundation, be aware when applying to avoid your healed eyebrows. If foundation covers healed brows, your eyebrows will appear lighter.
You can now enjoy your beautiful new temporary eyebrows. You will simply love your new gorgeous fresh look!
Microblading post-care is very important to the appearance and longevity of your new eyebrows. Do not let any water, lotion, soap, or makeup touch your eyebrow area during the first 7 days after your procedure.
After 5-7 days, make sure your hands are completely clean and gently apply the post-care ointment with clean hands. This can be done once at night time, but be sure to use the ointment sparingly as your skin needs to heal itself. Please continue to apply the ointment for 7 days.
The following must be avoided during all 14 days post-microblading procedure:
- Increased sweating
- Practicing sports
- Hot sauna, hot bath, or Jacuzzi
- Sun tanning or salon tanning
- UV/UVA Rays or chemicals as they have been known to cause a shift in color and premature fading
- Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycolic acid on the face or neck
- Picking, peeling, or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris
- Drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing of wounds
- Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles
- Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab
Please wash your face carefully around the eyebrow without getting water on the treated area. During the shower, keep your face away from the showerhead or take a bath.
Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post-microblading procedure. However, experience has shown that by following these after-care instructions, these symptoms may quickly disappear.
Want to schedule an appointment?
Due to the high demand for our microblading, a deposit of 1/2 down is required to schedule.
Call to schedule your session of Microblading with Dallas Dotson. 712-332-5555